Wednesday 24 June 2009

Yes We Should Ban the Burkhas

I'm not going to write a long ranting post, im just going to point out the facts.
  • Burkhas are oppressive and alienate women.
  • The Koran says women should dress 'moderately' (where the fuck did living inside a black fabric body bag come from?).
  • If we visit a mulsim country we have to dress as they want. (so clerics and other fucknuggets can't claim that banning the burkha is a racist act).
  • Many women are forced to wear a burkha against their will.
  • (As the French president has said) 'It is not a sign of religion, it is a sign of subservience.
  • It can be a security risk. If I walked into a bank in a burkha, no one would mind. If I walked into a bank wearing a balaclava the alarms would be going off before I could ask to withdraw some money.
  • Restricting for the wearer, in general everyday activities, jobs and socially
  • They are uncomfortable (according to various reporters, muslim reporters)
In summary really, I'm just scratching the surface of the problems with burkhas, my personal view is that they should be banned. If I were to travel to a muslim country I'm not allowed to drink or be half dressed. So claiming it is a religious right is bullshit as nowhere in the teachings of islam does it say women should where the burkha.

I don't normally agree with the French but on this one they've got it right.

No comments:

Furious